H-1B Visa

Specialty Occupation Workers

The H-1B visa is geared towards foreign nationals who possess at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and plan on working in the U.S. in a specialty occupation. This visa classification allows a foreign national to work in the United States for a maximum of six years, issued in increments of up to three years by the USCIS. Dependent spouses and children may not work, but are allowed to study.

Our firm provides comprehensive H-1B## visa services to startups, small to mid-size companies, and large multinationals in a wide variety of industries and occupations. We have extensive expertise in the demanding IT Consulting, Hospitality and Medical industries. We work with both employers and employees to develop strategies, examine opportunities and obligations, and offer unparalleled guidance and support for smooth, efficient processing.

L-1 Visa

Intra-company Transferees

The L-1 visa category is typically used for the transfer of certain employees within multinational companies to the U.S. This category permits a U.S. company to temporarily transfer these employees from an affiliated foreign company. The employee may be transferred to an Executive/Managerial position (L-1A) or to a Specialized Knowledge position (L-1B) to qualify for this classification.

Our firm guides employers in the preparation of individual and blanket L-1 petitions. We also provide complete business services to companies considering or initiating the establishment of a new office in the United States, including incorporation, logistics, and compliance.

R-1 Visa

Religious Workers

The R-1 visa is reserved for foreign nationals who are coming to the United States to work for a non-profit religious organization in the United States (or an organization which is affiliated with the religious denomination in the United States) to work as a minister or in a religious vocation or occupation.

Our firm guides clients in the complex process of obtaining R-1 classification status within the U.S. or a visa from a consular post abroad. Our firm conducts due diligence with regard to both the religious institution’s and religious worker’s eligibility, and also provides assistance with maintenance, extension and/or change in nonimmigrant status.

TN Visa

NAFTA Professionals

The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) created special economic and trade relationships for the United States, Canada and Mexico. The TN category is a unique visa option for citizens of Canada and Mexico who wish to work in the United States. There is no numerical limit or cap on the number of TN visas that may be issued. This category is for professionals, who are offered employment in a specific occupation listed in NAFTA.

Our firm guides clients in the complex process of obtaining TN visa status within the U.S. or a visa at a consular post abroad. Our firm also provides assistance with maintenance, extension and change in nonimmigrant status.

Other Visas

There are many other visa categories that allow foreign nationals to work in the U.S., each with their own unique requirements and guidelines, including but not limited to:

  • E-1 Treaty Trader
  • E-2 Treaty Investors
  • E-3 Certain Specialty Occupation Professionals from Australia
  • H-2A Temporary Agricultural Workers
  • H-2B Temporary Non-Agricultural Workers
  • I Representatives of Foreign Media
  • O-1 Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement
  • P-1 Internationally Recognized Athletes or Performers
  • Q Cultural Exchange Visitors